Watch Video Tutorial
Please watch the video tutorial. Create a practice page on your own website with the following:
- Add a paragraph with a background color of yellow. Add a text link with the paragraph.
- Add four H2 headings and two H3 headings. Use the duplicate option to quickly create copies.
- Add an image with alt text. Use the handles to manually resize the image.
- Add 2 PDFs.
- Add an ordered list (numbered). Indent 2 items and make them unordered (bulleted).
- Copy and paste a small Excel table into your page.
- Add a MaxButton.
- Add a Columns Block with 3 columns. Put a video block inside the first column.
- Add a spacer block. Move it to the top of the page.
- Add a separator block.
Helpful Tips for Web Liaisons
- New to WordPress. When you’re first starting out, click on the blue + at top right to view all the blocks available. Check out Patterns, too. They’re cool.
- Undo. To undo an action, you can use Ctrl + Z. Or you can click the back arrow at top of the toolbar.
- Copy/paste. You can copy/paste from many places. Highlight the area you want to copy. Use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste.
- From within your WordPress page
- Between WordPress pages
- Images or text from Word
- Do not copy/paste images from websites, because that will link to that website’s image. If that website deleted that image, your image will be broken. Download the image first.
- Complex tables
- Use Ninja Tables when you need a table that requires many columns and search.
- Create the table in wp-admin, then find the Ninja Tables block within the page. Ask the web admin for assistance.
- Do not use the basic WordPress table for many columns because it won’t be mobile-friendly. Test your website on your phone.
- Ninja Tables tutorial
- Videos. Do not use the Video block. Use the Vimeo or YouTube block to embed videos from Vimeo or YouTube instead.
- Simple gallery. Drag and drop 2 or more images into a page to instantly create a gallery. You’ll still have to click on them and add alt text in the Media Library.