In WordPress, there are pages and posts. Pages are intended to have content that is timeless and always relevant. Most of Fresno Unified content should be placed onto pages, not posts. Posts are time-dependent and used for blogs.
How to Create a New Page
- On the left hand menu, click on Pages > Add New
- Type in the title at top.
- Enter any text into the page or click on the plus sign to create different blocks. Learn more about blocks.
- Click Publish when you are done.
How to Change the Page URL (Slug)
- Click on the title and click Edit button.
- Enter the new slug. Use hyphens instead of special characters such as apostrophes, parentheses, or commas. WordPress will automatically make all letters lowercase.
- Click Publish when done.
- You can also change the permalink through All Pages and using the Quick Edit feature on any page.
Although public, private or password-protected pages are possible, it is recommended that your public department website contain only public pages. Read more about content visibility in WordPress.