What are Quick Links on the homepage?
Quick Links are the four text boxes and two pictures near the middle of your school’s homepage, under the ATLAS logo. They link to websites or documents.
1. Go to the gear icon, to the right of your name. Click on Site Contents.
2. Click into Quick Links. If you can’t find it, click on the Name column header to sort A-Z.
3. Click on the 3 dots to the right of the item you want to edit. Only edit existing quick links. Don’t create new ones.
Text Quick Links
For the 4 text quick links, fill out only the Title and Web Address. Hit Save.
Image Quick Links
- For the 2 image quick links, click on the Click here to insert a picture from SharePoint link.
- Go through the process of inserting an image – it’s similar to the News Slider, but the Image Rendition should be Quick Link Image.
3. Crucial Step:
Under Image Rendition, select Quick Link Image (263 x 197). This will crop your image to fit the box. If you want it to be exact, upload a 263 pixels wide by 197 pixels high . Then select Full Size Image as the Image Rendition.
4. Under Alternate Text, add a brief description of the image — it’s for ADA compliance. If it’s an image of text, type out what the words are.
5. Hit OK after image insertion. Then press Save on the main form.
- Don’t change the PeachJar and the Brain image quick links. The district recommends that those links be posted there.
- The template takes exactly six links: four text links and two image links. A seventh link won’t show up.
- A free online image editor to resize your image is pixlr.com/x. Learn about creating pictures using pixlr.com